Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) is seeking an experienced monitoring and evaluation consultant to work with PHR’s U.S-based team on its Building Forensic Capacity to Document, Analyze, and Preserve Evidence of International Crimes in Northern Iraq project. The project’s aim is to improve the prospects for justice and reparations for survivors and witnesses of sexual violence and torture. This will be achieved through capacity building efforts that support the integration of medical-legal evidence into an overall effort to collect evidence of various human right violations.
The consultant will support monitoring and evaluation for the Iraq project, through examining the extent to which the project is on track to achieve its overall goals and objectives, evaluating whether trainings were implemented as planned, and informing future programming.
Reports to: Program Officer, Sexual Violence in Conflict Zones
Location: Erbil/Dohuk, KRI
Duration of Contract: 3 months (likely March – May, 2019)
• Conduct approximately 15 interviews with training participants and other key stakeholders in Erbil and/or Dohuk
• Advise on 5-month follow-up questionnaires for training participants (to be administered by PHR)
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative results from questionnaire responses and interviews
• Write a report on key findings to include an executive summary, background, methodology, findings, suggestions for future programming, and conclusion
• Present findings to the PHR team
• Five or more years of experience in monitoring and evaluation for human rights or humanitarian organizations; expertise in qualitative methods preferred
• Experience in northern Iraq; authorization to work in Iraq
• Graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Fluent in Arabic, excellent English written and communication skills, Kurdish preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google drive
Deadline for applications: February 25
Please email and updated curriculum vitae and short proposal and budget to email@example.com and include “Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant” in the subject line of your email.
Physicians for Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff.