For more than 30 years, Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) has used science and medicine to document and call attention to mass atrocities and severe human rights violations.
PHR shared in the Nobel Peace Prize for its contribution to the international effort to ban landmines. A global organization founded on the idea that health professionals, with their specialized skills, ethical duties, and credible voices, are uniquely positioned to advocate against human rights violations, PHR has expanded to include a specialized network of forensic science and public health research professionals as well.
PHR’s investigations and expertise are used to document mass atrocities, advocate for the protection of persecuted health workers and medical facilities under attack, prevent torture, and hold those who violate human rights accountable.
PHR is poised for even greater growth and impact. As part of our strategy, we are very excited to be recruiting committed activists with a passion for human rights. Our headquarters are located in New York City, and we maintain offices in Washington, DC, and in Boston.
Current career and internship opportunities are listed below.
- Advocacy Associate
- COVID-19 Policy Strategist
- Digital Campaign Manager
- Digital Director
- Director of Advocacy and Policy
- Director of Institutional Development
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Researcher
- Senior International Advocacy Officer
- Staff Accountant
- MediCapt and Technology Project Management Consultant, DRC (Job Description available in French)
New York/Remote, Boston/Remote, or Kenya/Remote
- Scaling, Business Modelling, and Costing Consultant
- Senior Program Officer for Innovation and Technology – Sexual Violence in Conflict Zones
PHR is currently accepting applications for the Spring 2022 semester. View all internship openings.