I am pleased to invite you to a PHR training for health professionals on how to diagnose, evaluate and document the physical and psychological after-effects of torture and other severe human rights violations. This is a great opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to working with asylum seekers or to enhance your skills.
Aiding Survivors of Torture: Medical and Psychological Documentation of Asylum Seekers
Saturday, June 20, 2009
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
2300 Eye Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20037
- Breakfast and lunch provided.
- Space is limited, so preference will be given to board-certified and state-licensed health professionals.
- Please register by Friday, June 12, 2009. While there is no cost to you, registration IS required.
- PHR has reserved a number of hotel rooms at a discounted rate that are within walking distance of the GWU School of Medicine.
- A limited number of travel scholarships are available for health professionals who agree to provide a minimum of 2 forensic evaluations for low-income or indigent noncitizens held at area detention centers. Contact Jennifer Bald (email@example.com) for more information.
- See the event information page for more details on the day.
We look forward to seeing you at this important training event. Please register today!