What happens when a government presides over the dramatic reversal of its population's access to food, clean water, basic sanitation, and healthcare? When government policies lead directly to the shuttering of hospitals and clinics, the closing of its medical school, and the beatings of health workers? We don't need to wonder. It is happening now in Zimbabwe.PHR has witnessed the devastation caused by the willful neglect of Zimbabwe's people by the Government of Robert Mugabe. We detail the causes and effects of this crisis in our new report, Health in Ruins: PHR Reports on the Man-Made Health Crisis in Zimbabwe.
- Read PHR's New Report on the Crisis
- See what the PHR Team found in December
- Follow our blog posts about Zimbabwe, or subscribe to the RSS feed
- Sign the Petition to the US Secretary of State
- Read Zimbabwean Health Workers' Call for Crisis Response
- Support PHR's most critical efforts
Health Care: Zimbabwe's Luxury Item