We're celebrating the power of health and human rights at the 2010 APHA Annual Meeting, November 6-10, 2010, in Denver.Join us for the Health Activist Dinner, which we're co-sponsoring on Sunday, November 7, 6-9 p.m. at Maggiano's Little Italy Restaurant, 500 16th St., just 3 blocks from the Convention Center. It's not too late to RSVP: call 312-996-5804. (Cost is $50, checks made payable to OHSI-Activist Dinner.)We're also giving several presentations throughout the meeting.
- Chronic Problems, Common-Sense Cures: Volunteer Health Professionals Bring Expertise to Detention Health Care ReformMonday, November 8, 8:30 a.m. — Christy Carnegie Fujio (email@example.com)
- Roles, Opportunities, and Current Dilemmas for Health Professionals in the Midst of Armed ConflictsMonday, November 8, 8:30 a.m. — Susannah Sirkin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weaponizing Medicine: The Health Worker Campaign to Stop Torture and Reclaim Medical EthicsMonday, November 8, 10:30 a.m. — Susannah Sirkin (email@example.com)
- Population-Based Survey of Health and Human Rights: Documenting Crimes Against Humanity in BurmaMonday, November 8, 4:30 p.m. — Richard Sollom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Human Rights, Social Justice, and AccountabilityTuesday, November 9, 8:30 a.m. — Hope O’Brien (email@example.com)
- Drawing Outside the Lines: Building a Social Mechanism for Human Rights AccountabilityTuesday, November 9, 8:30 a.m. — Christy Carnegie Fujio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Smith Goes to Washington: An NGO Effectively Deploys Volunteer Health Professionals to Reform Health Care for Immigration DetaineesTuesday, November 9, 10:30 a.m. — Christy Carnegie Fujio (email@example.com)
We'd love to see you there. Please email any of us for more information on our talks, or just to get together.